Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Thoughts #6

Thoughts #6
There's Nothing Funny About Freedom

One: Why does funny exists? How are jokes actually something? I'm talking about at an evolutionary level here. What would be the benefit of humans finding puns entertaining? Is it just a byproduct of something else?

Two: Everything needs to be open source; the world be so much better. I guess I don't really know what I'm talking about--I'm sure a lot of people would lose money and probably their jobs--but I think information should be free (both as in beer and in liberty). This is why I like WikiLeaks so much. I know it's never going to happen, so a simpler request (which will also never happen) is that stupid companies like HP stop installing all this shit onto their products. I just got this external hard drive, and it keeps mounting this stupid virtual disk when I run Ubuntu, and I can't disable it.

No comments:

Post a Comment