Saturday, August 7, 2010

Today #16

Today #16
A Pretty Cool Day

Today, being the day my GB Lindsay came into town, was a fun day and a silly day. In fact, I woke up to her phone call, and we made plans to make pesto rolls for lunch. Her friend Mike from school was visiting. I like him; he's funny. Although, Mandy Funagus (?) didn't like the band he was wearing on his shirt.

We got together to make pesto rolls--because we always used to go to the CO-OP to get pesto rolls--and they were delicious. Better than the ones at the CO-OP. See Recipe #3 for details. We made lots of sillies in the kitchen. Lots of Dulcine smiles.

Then I went to work with Mandy Fanugus (?). There were a lot of books--too many books. We also made many sillies. We have a candy drawer at work, and there is a lady that works right next to it, and we think that she silently judges us every time we go back to get candy because we go about five times a day. She's the troll that guards the treasure. But actually, she's really nice. It's just fun to pretend.

We went to get ice cream for our break, because on Thursdays, Licks Unlimited sells delicious scoops for only one American dollar. I got maple nut, which had walnuts. I do love nuts. Except, there was too much walnut. We created a new name for me, which is Lil' Porky, or Mizz Lil' Porky if you're Mandi. There's a sign outside Licks that says, "Who needs Disneyland? You've got Licks Unlimited!" but at first, I thought it said, "Who needs Disneyland? Get fat!" (Mandi: This is what I couldn't remember earlier.)

I had a great idea at work, and the idea is listed in Idea #1.

After work, I hung out with Lindsay and Mike some more. We went to a kool pool party hosted by the orthodontist of Pullman/Moscow. They threw frozen shirts at the ground to try to break them open and put them on. The prize was a $20 gift card. It was chaos! Three bros (figurative, not literal) won, and they looked really into it. Then, we went to the Daily Grind and it was a party for Lindsay. There were a lot of human beans. T-Money and Owen got Pokémon tattoos of Koffing and Charmander respectively. They were some of the coolest tattoos I've seen. If I were to get one, I might get Jigglypuff (old fav) or Dragonair (new fav).

Finally, we all went to Colfax to explore an abandoned building. I'm not positive, but I think it used to be an orphanage for disabled kids. Super creepy. We made it to the roof, and I peed off the edge. It was one tall building. We checked out all the floors, and in the basement, we found a super cool dirt crawlspace, but didn't pursue. In one of the rooms, we set up a wheelchair with a broken crutch, a mirror, a first aid kit, an old record player, some police line caution tape, a teacup, and a little doll. Right in the middle. It was a bit cheesy in the end. Perhaps we should have left it at the doll and the wheelchair. I hope I didn't inhale some asbestos. I should take some Vitamin W(eird) just in case.

(PS: This actually happened on Thursday, but I left for my family vacation so I couldn't post it. We're in western Washington. NEAR FORKS, WA!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment