Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Thoughts #4

Thoughts #4
RTFM, Pavlov

Okay, first, I hate when pop culture references things. Things like psychology and science. I especially hate it when the common stuff is used. I've heard "Pavlov's dog" used way too many times outside a psychology classroom. I'm all for the general public learning about science, I just hate all those clichéd analogies and half understood theories used to explain bogus philosophical claims. Oh, and stop talking about evolution like it's a person. Evolution doesn't "want" anything, it just happens. Learn science; it's actually pretty neat.

Really though, I want to talk about The Reward System and Me. Namely, I don't think have a reward system in my brain anymore. Some people are all, "I'll eat a chocolate if I finish reading 10 pages," or "If I do NaNoWriMo, I'll buy myself these really cool quartz eyelets," but me, I'm like, "No, I want everything right now, and I'm going to give it to myself." I think it's because I stopped having goals. Or because I get everything I want.

If you stop reading there, I probs sound like a spoiled brat. And maybe I am. I get everything I want because I don't want a lot. And if at first I want something, and realize I can't have it (because he's straight, or it's too expensive, or my getting it would hurt someone else), then I convince myself I don't really want it any more.

But yeah, how do I fix this? I feel like it's cramping my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment