Friday, February 25, 2011

Motivated #1

Motivated #1
An Orientation of Objects

OMG, I AM MOTIVATED AGAIN!!!!

Seriously, I haven't felt like this since high school when I had no life and I just did stuff like homework and clubs all day. Granted, I'm getting (very) dangerously close to stopping social interactions, but I'm actually accomplishing stuff I can be proud of and learning the things I want to be learning AND DOING THE STUFF I WANT TO DO.

It's because of the circus. Because we're performing next week(!), it's been really busy and super intense, and I've had to adjust to that kind of schedule. I cut out the buttshit (my new word for bullshit), started marking things on my calendar, setting alarms, responding to e-mails as soon as I can, prioritizing, actually doing work, etc.

However, what got me to write this post was the fact that I literally just learned about object-oriented programming (C++). I'd heard about it, but I didn't really learn what it did or would it could do. But now I (kind of) know. http://www.learncpp.com, you are my hero. Who needs subpar professors when you can teach yourself and not be frustrated or bored?

Finally, in my last paragraph, I will explain to you the point of this post, and it is that when I get really excited about stuff, when I start reading a book I really enjoy or study a topic that really interests me, I get so excited that I have to stop. I'm so overjoyed by the fact that I found something I like, that I get all giddy and can't stay focused. Ironic, no? So anyway, I have to stop the lesson I'm on about encapsulation and have to go to bed because if I learn any more of this useful stuff, my brain will blow a fuse.

All my love,
Nicholas

No comments:

Post a Comment