Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thoughts #8

Thoughts #8
Give Me Money

So maybe I'm missing something, but there have been a bunch of fundraising competitions in my life recently where you get a monetary prize for raising the most amount of money, and it just doesn't make sense to me.

Do most people put their own egos above people who actually need the help? I mean, if you don't give money, you don't give money, but if you're only giving money to win the competition, isn't that kind of stupid? I mean, yeah, the organization gets the money regardless of why people donate, but it doesn't say much for the charity of humans.

And again, I understand that having the incentive might raise more total money even when you deduct the prize, but still, people need to get their priorities straight.

I technically understand the whole idea, but doesn't it seem more helpful to just donate the money you'd otherwise be giving as a prize?

No comments:

Post a Comment