Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Today #24

Today #24
Spring Cleaning

I often forget I'm still writing this blog. Whenever someone mentions finding my blog or liking something I posted recently, I'm a little surprised. "Oh," I think to myself, "I thought that thing died a long time ago". I understand myself to exist in a certain way, and my writing in this blog is not part of that image anymore. Anyway,

Today, being a windy, lightly showery day in Chicago, I tidied up my room. It inspired me to tidy my computer. Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) is coming out on Thursday, and I'm using it as motivation to backup my files. Following will be some thoughts I have written on files entitled moreblog.txt and newblog.txt on my desktop. They're not important enough thoughts to write down, so I save them for this shitty blog. Now I can finally delete them.

Also, something funny just happened. Kelsey was in the hall, and seeing Erin, offered her a popsicle. I heard this, jumped up, and ran into the hallway. Slowly, out of their respective rooms, Elora, Tania, and Julia all slowly walked out as well. We descended upon Kelsey like vultures and ripped the meat off her bones. But which I mean we asked her for popsicles. It was funny to hear Kelsey and then see everyone pop their heads out from their door frames.

ALSO, WHAT!?!? Popsicle is a brand name! The generic name is ice pop. Looks like I'll have to start saying that, like I say facial tissue instead of Kleenex. The only one I don't use the generic name for is Frisbee, because flying disc sounds stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment